I finally went to a ballet class with Lina
Lina had been twice before and really likes the teacher.
I enjoyed the class because the combinations were simple and easy, but hard because every combo is done twice in a row!!
Here is the studio after class (I snuck back in to take this) there are windows on the right as well, the shutters are closed. I really love the studio because it looks out onto a little inner courtyard that has a restaurant called The Studio.
They call the studios after composers (so the dancers learn them?)
I got a picture of the teacher when he came up to the dressing room after class to find the owner of a jacket that was left in the studio. He is really what you expect a French ballet teacher to be. But I did get him to smile.
I was not expecting him to be a such a good teacher, but he really knows about placement and everything.
Lina and I and one other girl were always in the front row........and if we went to the back he would come and take us by the wrist and walk us to the front.




so glad you got to a ballet class! i bet the teacher hopes you come again!
ReplyDelete